We address 20 common objections to evolution, give some evidence supporting the theory, and try to figure out why some Christians have a problem with evolution in the first place.
Objections (in chronological order)
- Evolution is just a theory
- Why are there still monkeys?
- Why don’t chimpanzees give birth to humans?
- You weren’t there!
- Microevolution / Macroevolution
- Evolution has never been observed
- Evolution is unfalsifiable
- Genetics conflicts with evolution
- Mutations are always harmful
- Random chance couldn’t make an organism
- 2nd Law of Thermodynamics
- The Cambrian Explosion
- Missing Links
- Carbon Dating
- Irreducible Complexity
- Bacterial Flagellum
- DNA is a language
- Teach the controversy!
- Evolution leads to immorality
Science in the Soul and The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins [Amazon]
Finding Darwin’s God by Kenneth Miller [Amazon]
Richard Dawkins with a creationist [YouTube]
Scientific American on Creationism
Michael Russell on Abiogenesis
Popular Science on Abiogenesis
Most Recent Creationist Data on America from Gallup (2017)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download